GPSG is committed to promoting and supporting diversity, equity, and inclusion on our campus. Our goals for this academic year include the following:
- Utilize results from the Campus Climate Survey to inform GPSG actions.
- Advocate for Implicit Bias Training and Cultural Competency Workshops for all Hawkeyes.
- Increase community-building by installing a go-to source for all events related to diversity, equity, and inclusion on and off campus.
- Increase intersectionality between international and domestic graduate and professional students.
- Place Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion support at the forefront of our University discussion.
- Increase awareness of the importance of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion within our community.
- Work with shared governance and campus stakeholders to build upon existing initiatives, like a West Side University Food Pantry.
- Represent graduate and professional students within administrative committees to ensure our best interests are incorporated into decision-making, exemplified in our role on the search committee for Chief Diversity Officer
If you have ideas and suggestions for how GPSG can help improve diversity on campus, or if you are part of a Graduate and Professional student diversity organization and want to connect with other similar organizations across campus, please reach out to GPSG Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Chair, Danielle Thomas.