Earn While You Learn Application 2016-2017
Full-time enrolled University of Iowa students who work 15 hours (or more) per week are eligible for this scholarship. Applications are due in the Office of Student Financial Aid, 208 Calvin Hall, by 4:30 PM, December 1st, 2016.
Application can be access here.
1. To be eligible to receive the Earn While You Learn Scholarship you must:
· be a full-time student in the Spring 2017 semester;
· have a completed financial aid file with the Office of Student Financial Aid;
· have demonstrated financial need;
· work a minimum of 15 hours per week (supervisor’s signature necessary); and
· be in good academic standing with the University of Iowa.
2. Twenty-two $1,000 scholarships will be awarded to the following:
· 10 Undergraduate Students
· 7 Graduate and Professional Students
· 5 International Students
***International students should contact International Student & Scholar Services at 1111 University Capitol Centre or 319-335-0335
3. The Office of Student Financial Aid will determine eligibility based on the criteria listed above.
4. Scholarships will be awarded to those who demonstrate the most financial need, as determined by the Office of Student Financial Aid or International Student & Scholar Services.
5. Applications will be available on the UISG and GPSG websites, and will be accepted by the Office of Student Financial Aid up to the deadline of December 1, 2016. The Office of Student Financial Aid will distribute the scholarships to students for the Spring 2017 semester.
6. All the awards will be applied to each recipient’s Spring 2017 U-Bill.
7. Applicants must reapply annually for the scholarship. Applications will not be held year to year.
All applicants will be notified of their award status by UISG and GPSG in January 2017, prior to the Spring 2017 semester. For more information, please contact: Jasmine Mangrum – GPSG at firstname.lastname@example.org.