The University of Iowa will host a series of virtual campus updates focused on different elements of the plan for the fall 2020 semester, which was released on June 17. (You can also view and download the "Steps Forward: Returning to Campus" PDF.
Members of the campus community who have questions after reviewing the plan should email their question 24 HOURS IN ADVANCE to UI-CoronavirusQuestions@uiowa.edu. Viewers will not be able to submit questions live during the updates.
Questions will be answered individually and/or, if appropriate, answered during the applicable update.
The updates will be streamed live on the UI’s YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/universityofiowa.
The updates also will be recorded and published to the UI’s coronavirus website, coronavirus.uiowa.edu.
The updates will take place at the following dates and times:
- Presentation of the overall plan: President Bruce Harreld and Rod Lehnertz, senior vice president for finance and operations
- 2 to 3 p.m. June 24
- 10 to 11 a.m. June 25
- Presentation of academics and the classroom: Montse Fuentes, executive vice president and provost; Kevin Kregel, executive vice president and senior associate provost for faculty; Tanya Uden-Holman, associate provost for undergraduate education and dean of the University College; and others.
- 10 to 11 a.m. July 1
- 1 to 2 p.m. July 2
- Presentation of the student experience: Sarah Hansen, vice president for student life; Angie Reams, associate vice president and dean of students, and others.
- 2 to 3 p.m. July 8
- 10 to 11 a.m. July 9
- Presentation of human resources’ support for employees returning to campus: Cheryl Reardon, associate vice president and chief HR officer; Joni Troester, senior assistant vice president and deputy chief HR officer; and others.
- 2 to 3 p.m. July 15
- 9 to 10 a.m. July 16
- Presentation of research: Marty Scholtz, vice president for research, and Haley Sinn, director of the Environmental Health and Safety Office; and Debby Zumbach, assistant vice president and director of purchasing and business services.
- 2 to 3 p.m. July 22
- 10 to 11 a.m. July 23