Student Legal Services
Student Legal Services provides confidential high quality, free advice, and affordable legal representation for currently enrolled University of Iowa students.
Whether you have questions regarding an alcohol offense, are considering a divorce, or need a consultation before signing a lease or contract, SLS' professionally-trained staff is ready and willing to help you.
SLS provides free, confidential advice in the following areas:
- Consumer issues
- Criminal defense (PAULA, Public Intoxication, Possession, OWI)
- Debt collection disputes
- Family Law
- Driving and driver's license issues
- Tenants' Rights
- Mediation, including Tenant/Tenant mediation services between University of Iowa Students
- Name changes
- Notarization of legal documents
- Power of Attorney
- Small claims actions
Schedule an Appointment
Book an appointment with SLS today by calling the office at 319-335-3276, or submit an appointment request form.
G115 Iowa Memorial Union
Iowa City, Iowa 52242-1317
Hours: 8 AM - 4:30 PM, Monday - Friday
Student Legal Services provides campus with regular updates regarding any service changes through several social media channels:
- Facebook: @UIStudentLegal
- Instagram: @UIStudentLegal
- Twitter: @UIStudentLegal