In an effort to be more inclusive and increase student participation in shared governance at the University of Iowa, we want to invite you to participate in Graduate and Professional Student Government's working committees. Our committees focus on area-specific projects, policy, and events to improve the experience of graduate and professional students on campus.
GPSG Committees are led by an elected chair and typically meet once a month. Participation in GPSG's committees will provide a meaningful opportunity to be involved in shared student government and to learn more about the organization. Our committees are also an excellent opportunity to expand your network and meet new people across campus.
Students interested in participating in any one or more of GPSG's committees should contact the respective chair directly for more details. Committee members will serve for the remainder of the academic year, with terms concluding on May 1, 2020.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, Chair: Moala Bannavti (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Governmental Relations, Chair: Paul Esker (email@example.com)
- Health and Safety, Chair: Casey Inman (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Interprofessional, Chair: Megan Lindmark (email@example.com)
- Sustainability, Co-Chairs: Christian Bako (Christianfirstname.lastname@example.org) and Amina Grant (email@example.com)
Interested students should express their interest in an email to the respective committee chair no later than Thursday, October 31, 2019.
We hope that you will join us as we work to make the University of Iowa a remarkable experience for graduate and professional students.