The following is information provided by UI Family Services for student parents.
Subsidy Program for Student Families
If you are a student parent, you may be eligible to receive financial assistance to help pay for the cost of your child care through the university’s child care subsidy program. Visit the website for additional information and eligibility criteria.
The subsidy application is located in MyUI. Select “Student Information” on the menu bar, and then choose “Child Care Subsidy” in the “Student Life Management” section.
Program updates for Academic Year 2020-2021 include:
- Care for virtual learning or school closings related to the COVID-19 pandemic are approved child care options for reimbursement
- Maximum annual family/household gross income for eligibility has increased to $50,000
- Allocations for parents of children ages 5–12 have increased to $130/month
Just-in-Time Child Care Resources
Our local child care landscape is constantly evolving as daycare centers and community organizations work on plans to support families of school-aged children with parent(s) that need to report to work or classes during the school day. The Just-in-Time Childcare webpage will be updated regularly with information about:
- Child care referral resources
- Programs for school-aged children
- Volunteer child care resources
- Back-up or occasional child care resources
If you have any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.